I made this once - for my roommates from a recipe in The Seattle Times, and it was quick and tasted great. But the brie doesn't look great after baking, so save some herbs for the end. - RGA
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil or rosemary, crushed.
- 4 chicken breast halves with bone and skin removed
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/3 lb. herb brie or camembert cheese, rind removed, cut into 4 thin pieces
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Stir together the olive oil, garlic, rosemary or basil. Brush onto the chicken and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in a foil-lined baking pan and bake 30 minutes. Remove from oven, and turn the heat up to broil. Place a slice of brie on each chicken breast. Run under hot broiler just until the cheese starts to melt (4-6 minutes).
(Note: 300 cal, 17g fat, 433 mg. sodium, 8g saturated fat, 110 mg. cholesterol per serving.)