From Pete's Better Homes and Barracks, Okinawa, Japan.
- 3 large onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tbsp. instant beef bouillon or 6 bouillon cubes
- 4 cups hot water
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 slices toasted French bread
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
In a large skillet cook onions in butter until translucent and lightly browned. In pot combine browned onions in butter with bouillon, water, "wooster," and salt.
Cover and cook 4-6 hours in crock pot.
Top each bowl with cheese and serve with bread. Yields 4 servings.
– Pete Enchelmayer