- One 10-oz. pkg. frozen chopped spinach
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheese (jalapeño or monterey jack is best)
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp. snipped fresh dill
- 1/2 tsp.salt
- 1/8 tsp.pepper
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 6 chicken breasts (with skin)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tbsp.lemon juice
- 2 tbsp.more chopped parsley
In a bowl combine spinach, shredded cheese, bread crumbs, carrot, onion, parsley, dill, salt, pepper and beaten egg. Stuff between skin and meat of chicken. (Or, if using boneless chicken breasts, cut breast into a pocket and stuff that pocket.)
Place skin side up in shallow baking pan.
Bake in a 350°F oven for about 50 minutes or until browned to a golden color. Combine butter, lemon juice & remaining parsley.
Spread this over the chicken about halfway through cooking, and again just before serving. Do not overcook.
– Nancy Bergman