- 1 can small baby onions or 3 medium onions cut into eighths
- 10 oz. medium or sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- two 10-oz. packages frozen broccoli
- 10-oz. pkg. frozen baby carrots
- 1 pkg. Italian-cut green beans
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup sauterne (wine)
- salt & pepper to taste
- buttered bread crumbs
Cook all vegetables separately until almost tender. Leave them a bit crisp. Heat mushroom soup and cheese in same pan until well combined; add sauterne. Toss vegetables and sauce gently together, with salt and pepper.
Place in casserole pan and cover with buttered bread crumbs. Bake in medium (325°F) oven uncovered, until hot and bubbly throughout - about 30 or 40 minutes.
– Karen Bergman