Coral Gables Community Foundation
Marketing and Program Manager, March 2022 to present.
Digital communications consulting, 2016 to 2021
- “Five Poets, Seigetsu, Hosai, Hekigodo, Santoka, Seisensui” by William S. Wilson, 2021.
- “An Abundance of Hope, The Founding of Trinity Episcopal School” by Dabney Bud Park, 2021.
- Coral Gables Community Foundation: Website development, editing. SupportSurfside.org production lead for the foundation – liaison with other major foundations in maintaining and production, 2021.
- Gables Good Government Committee: Website development and content migration, 2021.
- South Florida Mindful Communities: Website development, 2021.
- Riviera Presbyterian Church: Video worship program producer/editor, website editor, 2020-21.
- Walton Lantaff Schroeder & Carson: Educational webinar producer, marketing, 2020-21. Web development, 2018-2020. Glossy newsletter editing and production, 2010-2020.
- Political Campaigns: Digital communications and marketing campaigns including print, text, banners, logo, for Cutler Bay Council candidate Jose Rodriguez (2020), Redland Council candidate Steve Green (2018) and South Miami Mayor Sally Phillips (2018). Leveraged the Nationbuilder platform. Graphics, video, email and text message production.
- Miami Mindfulness: Website, posters and publications. Helped produce a midsize event for 400 at The Biltmore Miami. Planning, marketing, ticketing, administration and video. Digital strategy, 2019.
- South Florida Digital Alliance: Provide technology support and training for local clients
- Douglas Seaton and Associates: Website development, UI/UX. Logo development, 2020-21.
- Area Stage Company: Wrote grants; designed/updated website; designed marketing materials for programs, classes and theatrical shows. NEA grant application, Miami Foundation, Knight Arts etc.
- Just Ask Domestic Help: Website development for a household-help matchmaking service, 2019.
- The Funders Network for Smart Growth and Livable Communities: Salesforce Administrator and trainer. Conference Event app admin and configuration, 2018-19.
- Residential and Small Business I.T. Support: Helped 12-15 clients with Win/Mac issues, 2018-21.
John S. and James L. Knight Foundation
Communications Associate/Webmaster, June 2002 to July 2016
Wrote and edited original content for the foundation to advance the foundation’s mission; created original and iterative visual and multimedia content for Knight’s digital platforms; prepared and distributed information, such as emails, newsletters and other material.
- Web production: coded and edited headlines, video and images for thousands of blog posts.
- Video production: taped and edited video for web installation.
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM): Edited content and built campaigns to nurture relationships with grantees and the public using a variety of solution technologies.
- Vendor management: Maintained relationships in design and tech community and reviewed them for potential work assignments. Managed performance, timeline, deliverables and costs.
- Webmaster: Produced and managed multiple sites; including content, security patches, analytics, domain names. Configured and managed servers. Liaised with support as needed.
- Public relations: Represented the organization at professional organization, workgroups and seminars. Respond to media and public queries.
Knight Ridder Digital, February 2000 – May 2002.
Herald.com/Miami.com Senior Designer (and 30+ other websites)
- Designed and produced custom web sites for clients including Miami Red Cross, Orange Bowl, Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce, Grove Art Festival. Web banners and flash media campaigns.
- Produced multimedia editorial content for website for breaking and headline news, such as hurricane tracking, 9/11 attacks, the Afghanistan war and coverage of Castro’s Cuba.
The Miami Herald, April 1996 – February 2000. Senior editorial artist
Reported and executed data visualization graphics that ran daily in The Miami Herald. Planned news coverage, features and packages. Covered global and local news, science, business, weather.
Earlier Professional Experience
- Allison Legal Graphics Group, Litigation Graphics Designer, Miami, April 1995 – April 1996
- Nihon Keizai Shimbun, Graphics and Layout Editor, Tokyo, April 1991 – March 1995
- Knight Ridder 25/43 Project, Graphics Editor, Boca Raton, Fla., Feb. 1990 – Feb.1991
- Knight Ridder Graphics Network, Graphics Reporter, Washington D.C., Aug. 1986 – Feb. 1990
University of Florida
Bachelor of Science degree awarded 1986 by University of Florida College of Journalism and Communications. Major: Advertising; Minor: Business Management; Specialization: Videotext (12 hours).
Elementary Spanish, Japanese.
Personal and Civic
- Board President, Design and Architecture Senior High PTSA, VP Communications and President, 2020-23.
- Poll Worker, Miami-Dade County Elections
- Eagle Scout, Assistant Scoutmaster and Troop Committee Member, BSA Troop 941. Council Member, Everglades District, South Florida Council.
- Board Member, South Miami Neighbors Inc.
- Member, South Florida Digital Alliance.
- Graduate, 2005 Leadership Miami.
- Fmr. Member, Toastmasters, South Miami Chapter
- Fmr. Horticulture Volunteer, Fairchild Tropical Botanic Gardens
- Fmr. Officer and Board Member, Ludlam Elementary PTA.
- Fmr. Board President, The Child Care Center Inc.
- Fmr. Board President, Forest Cove HOA.
I reside in Miami with my wife and daughter.